RESULTS AND DISSEMINATION
Preparation and characterisation of NP-YSO mono-doped with rare earth (Ce, Eu, Tb) with enhanced morphostructural and luminescent characteristics
* Synthesis of NP-YSO ( effect silicon source)
* Morpho-structural characteristaion of NP-YSO by FT-IR XRD, SEM si BET
* PL characterisation of NP-YSO.
Synthesis of multiple activation of NP-YSO with different rare earth ions
* Preparation of Y2SiO5:Ce, Tb
* PL characterisation of modified NP-YSO
Physical-chemical aspects regarding the formation of YSO phosphors
* Correlation preparative conditions-morphology-structure-luminescence
* Original recipie for the synthesis of NP-YSO
Increasing the national and international visibility
* Dissemniation and mobilities
Material Base Creation
* R&D Equipment aquisition-Ultrasound synthesis station_milestone_Flexiwave
Some results and discussion:
* Effect of silicon source:
>> The effect of vinyltriethoxysilane (VTEOS) molar amount on the on the morpho-structural and luminescent characteristics of yttrium silicate phosphors was studied.
>> According to the thermal analysis it was found that the combustion of a mixture containing 1 mole of VTEOS is triggered at 2940C with a mass loss of 78.58%. The mass loss of the ashes increases from 12.2% to 16.4% along with VTEOS molar amount from 1mole to 3 mole VTEOS.
>> Under UV excitation YSO:Ce phosphors exhibit variable blue emission due to electron transitions in Ce3+ from 5d level to the ground state levels (2F5/2, 2F7/2). It was observed an enhancement of the emission intensity from 70 % to 120% along with VTEOS amount increase.
* Effect of double doping of Y2SiO5 with Ce and Tb ions:
>> XRD results reveal that the samples are pure and that the doping ions (Tb3+ and Ce3+) are completely dissolved in the host lattice without any significant change in the crystal structure ( monoclinic X2-Y2SiO5 phase)
>> Emission characteristics of synthesized YSO:Ce3+,Tb3+ can be controlled and tuned (blue to green) using different concentrations of the luminescent dopants.
RESULTS AND DISSEMINATION
Dissemination - Stage 3 (2015)
1) Effect of ultrasound treatment on the morpho-structural and luminescent characteristics of cerium doped yttrium silicate phosphors, L. E. Muresan, A.I. Cadis, I. Perhaita, D.T. Silipas, L. Barbu Tudoran, Material Research Bulletin 68, 2015, pp. 295-301 (ISI=2.228, 2014)
2) Influence of vinyltriethoxysilane concentration on structural and luminescent characteristics of cerium doped yttrium based silicate phosphors; L. E. Muresan; A. I. Cadis; I. Perhaita; O.Ponta; O.Pana; L. Trinkler; B. Berzina; V. Korsaks, Ceramics International, 41, 2015 pp. 13179-13188 DOI: 10.1016/j.ceramint.2015.07.094 (ISI = 2.605, 2015)
Tunable Luminescence of Broadband-Excited and narrow line green emitting Y2SiO5:Ce3+, Tb3+ Phosphor L.E. Muresan, Y. Karabulut , A.I Cadis, I. Perhaita, J. Garcia Guinea, L. Barbu Tudoran, D. Silipas, A. Canimoglu, M. Ayvacikli, N. Can, Submitted at Journal of Alloys and Compounds (ISI=2.999, 2014)
1) The 4th International Conference on the phisiscs of the optical materials and Devices, (ICOM 2015) 31. Aug-4 Sept 2015, Budva, Montenegru
Effect of VTEOS on the structural and luminescent characteristics of YSO:Ce Ioana Perhaita, Laura E. Muresan, Adrian I. Cadis, Oana Ponta, Laima Trinkler
2) The 4th International Conference on the phisiscs of the optical materials and Devices, (ICOM 2015) 31. Aug-4 Sept 2015, Budva, Montenegru
The effect of Ce3+ and Tb3+ doping of Y2SiO5 on morpho-structural and luminescent characteristics, Adrian I. Cadis, Laura.E. Muresan, Ioana Perhaita, Dan T. Silipas